QuickBooks is a well-known accounting program for small and mid-sized enterprises. This software serves as a one-stop solution for all of your accounting requirements.
Despite its numerous features, it is troubled by problems and glitches that must be addressed at the earliest. QB error 6147 is one of these errors.
In this article, we’ll look at the major causes for QuickBooks Error 6147 as well as the possible solutions to resolve it.
QuickBooks Error 6147: Meaning
When you try to open the company file and it won’t open, you’ll get the QuickBooks error 6147. The error message prompts that the company file is either corrupted or damaged.
You will frequently get this error code when you try to restore a Quickbooks company file backup from a network drive.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
This error code 6147 can be caused by a variety of factors. Let’s take a look at each of them.
- If you have a corrupted QuickBooks file.
- When you try to restore a backup file from a network drive, something goes wrong.
- This error can occur if the company file’s name exceeds the 210-character limit.
- If you have a corrupted QuickBooks download.
- This problem might also be caused by a faulty Quickbooks installation.
- If there’s an issue with the Windows registry file.
- Your machine could be infected with Malware or Viruses.
- If you delete any of the Quickbooks Desktop-related files.
Signs of QB Error Code 6147
The following is a list of symptoms that you may experience if a QuickBooks error 6147 occurs:
- The error message 6147 0 crashes your system.
- Your computer’s operating system keeps shutting down on its own.
- The desktop version of Quickbooks will not open.
- If the Windows operating system is taking too long to reply.
- The reaction time of Windows is slowing down for you.
After learning about the symptoms and causes of this problem, it’s time to learn about how to fix such an error code.
Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
There are several solutions to this error code 6147; all you have to do is test each one of them at a time. You must continue doing so until you find the most acceptable solution for your case.
Solution 1: For Error Resolution, use QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor program helps to locate and fix common issues in QuickBooks company files. To make the tool operate, follow the steps below:
- First and foremost, download and install the tool.
- After installing the utility, run it.
- Select the company file from the drop-down menu, and if no company file is displayed, browse it using file explorer.
- Allow the Diagnose process to finish.
- Then, remove the file doctor tool from your system.
- If you still get quickbooks error 6147 after opening QuickBooks, move on to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Change the location of the backup file
Make sure that hosting is disabled on your system before attempting this method. Save the copy of the backup file to a different location on your computer. To resolve QuickBooks error code 6147, follow the procedures listed below:
- Open QuickBooks and then pick Utilities from the File menu.
- If the option Stop Hosting Multi-User shows, it signifies that hosting is enabled on your system.
- Disable Multi-User Hosting on your machine, then click Yes in the following panel.
- A new window will appear where you must click Yes once more while the business file is closed.
- Now, from the system, restore the backup file.
If the quickbooks error 6147 persists after you have implemented the solutions, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Change the settings for “Trend Micro Active Scan”
You must set aside the folder containing the QuickBooks company file. Follow the steps outlined below:
- First and foremost, you must find the location of the company file.
- Double-click QuickBooks while holding down the Ctrl key.
- After that, open the program without interfering with the corporate file.
- Use the “No Company Open” window to access the company file..
- The company file should be at the top of the list.
- Select the folder containing the company file and add it to the exception in Trend Micro Active Scan settings.
Solution 4: Make use of Rebuild Data
- Open the Quickbooks program.
- Select utilities from the File menu.
- You must now select the option to rebuild data.
- Click Ok if you get an instant backup to take company file data.
- If you see a message saying Quickbooks isn’t responding, click OK.
Solution 5: Fixing.ND and.TLG files
.ND and. TLG files are network configuration files that allow a company file to function in multi-user mode. Renaming these files can help you resolve QuickBooks error 6147.
- Go to the folder containing the company file and double-click to open it.
- Find the files with the.ND and.TLG extensions that match yours. QBW file.
- Right-click on these files and type old after the file name.
- .ND old
- .TLG old
Solution 6: Rename the ADR file to the QuickBooks Company File
Another efficient technique to resolve QuickBooks error 6147 is to rename the ADR file. To address the problem, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the folder holding the QuickBooks company file.
- Now look for QuickBooks.ADR file folder
- Open the folder and look for the most current ADR file.
- When you find the file that has.ADR extension, right-click on it and rename the file to. QBW
To conclude, the above-mentioned solutions can help you overcome QuickBooks error 6147. However, if the issue persists, you may connect with the technical team for further assistance.